In order of cost, here are three tiers:
Price tier 1
Record video on your existing phone,laptop, or tablet.
b. Low cost condenser mic or wired mic. (Search in Amazon, B&H, or Sweetwater with terms “External microphone [name of your device].)
c. Low cost lighting ring (optional, but make sure your video location allows adequate light for your face)
Price tier 2
a. Affordable Wireless Mic or USB condensor (eg. Samsung) or podcast mic [if sitting] (Samsung, Blue Yeti Rode NT USB mini Audio-Technica AT2020 USB)
c. Camera Lens
How to use your equipment
1. Camera – Place your webcam, phone, or camera at eye-level. If needed, hold up your phone with a flexible tripod (eg smartphone grip) or anything to keep in right place. The speaker or singer should look directly at the lense of the camera to make eye contact with viewers. In order to keep your eyes on or near camera, any notes you use must be near the camera.
- Though you can use many different types of cameras and formats, the best format to upload to Facebook is H.264 video with AAC audio in MP4 or MOV format. More format details and Ideal camera options
2. Use lamps, ring lights, or basic lighting gear so that people see your face. Here’s a description of 3-point lighting arrangement.
- Cheapest light kit (for small home use only) comes with 2 lights, can use with batteries but has power adapters and stands Batteries: https://geni.us/QBhOF
- Cheap light kit (medium lights) Light, Softbox, light stand
- High-quality lights that last; much brighter lights, softbox, stands
3. An external battery charger for your phone
4. Put all phones on “Airplane mode” so that you do not get noisy notifications during recording.
6. Access experts on gear for specific advice in these Facebook groups (search previous posts first):