You may have noticed mistakes in many of the languages posted so far. That’s why we need your help if you can make a better translation from English to any other languages.
The global church has been shoved into the deep end of digital pool.
Hundreds of thousands of pastors need access to helpful resources in their language quickly to nurture community among their congregation, and serve their neighborhoods.
Equip.li allows multi-lingual people to easily translate content that’s helpful for pastors, while having the option to customize it for their culture. It also allows them to write new articles in other languages, linking to other articles that help make ministry effective during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Please join us in helping pastors in many different nations:
1. Translate via video on your mobile phone.
- Download BigVu app onto your mobile phone
- Open up the webpage that you want to translate (top 2 are most important).
- Copy the contents of the page. If the page is very long, you may choose to copy just a portion of it, so that you record video in shorter portions as part 1, part 2, part 3.
- Paste the words of the page into the BigVu app.
- Go to settings. Change the speed to 120 words per minute.
- Press red Record button
- Read transcript scrolling up the page.
- Press stop at end.
- Upload the video to Youtube or Google Drive. Copy the URL link of the video.
- Send the link through the contact form below, or send Message via Facebook page, or Tweet link, or if you are part of translation Whatsapp group, paste the link there.
- We will then post your video on the page, so even if the writing has errors, your video will be received well as a better translation.
2. Translate (written)
Translate the pages by typing out translation on Google Doc. Your translation would then be posted on a page on the website.
If there is more than one translator for the same language, one of you will be encouraged to set up and join a Whatsapp group, where its easier to communicate with each other and more inviting for potential translators in that language. Interacting in the same Whatsapp group makes it easier to share links to Google doc for each page needing translations, and to decide/assign paragraphs to various translators, and other priorities.
Search for resources and tips that are helpful to pastors making a transition in the languages that you know. Some of those can be linked or summarized in existing pages.
Contact pastors and pastor networks in various countries to help them receive a link to this website or even assistance to find what they need so they can resources to serve and disciple their congregations.
Contact us to let us know of your interest.