1. Online giving and text-to-give
1. These popular options for online giving take 1-3 days to verify and sync with the church bank account.
This explains benefits of text-to-give. You can also contact your church’s bank and see what online payment options they provide.
2. International payment service providers
Paypal and Skrill allow cross-border donations, as well as many other providers listed here.
3. Bank electronic bill pay
Invite members to set up recurring payments from their online bank auto bill pay. For those that don’t go online, they can go to their bank to set it up. Give simple clear instructions about the options open to members. Communicate by phone, supplemented by mail and email.
4. Bank Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Include relevant bank name, bank account number, and relevant sorting codes or routing numbers. Specify which currencies can be sent.
5. Provide stamped, addressed envelopes.
Offer to send stamped envelopes to those who regularly pay by check or cash, especially if they do not prefer paying in other ways.
Church boards can install and designate certain cryptocurrency wallets to belong to the church. At least 2 board members should have access to the cryptocurrency wallet keys. They can then do one of the following:
7. Text to give
Communication about giving
Including giving link in video description
In every church service video posted, include 1). List or link to sermon points or church bulletin 2) link to the giving page on website, which has online and mailed giving options. More.
Set up pre- and post-service calls to action
Have someone else ending video message with giving information shown on screen for 20-30 seconds.
Include a screen-capture of demonstration of online giving, along with liking, Following, and sharing video, and other calls-to-action.
Plan a pre-sermon ask
Allow time during online service:
- Learn how to make request during Online Offering Moment, see here. “Encourage and allow people to give, but do not goad people to give.” “Let’s keep the church strong through this season.” [not put focus on expenses]. templates
- Run stories or testimonies, or have some background music play while people are giving their offering online.